TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Any ideas what's causing this starting problem?
People Seeking Info

Subject Any ideas what's causing this starting problem?

Posted by Good2Zya2.0 on November 12, 2023 at 2:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 190 times.

Message Went to a car meet this morning. It started fine and ran fine. But, when I went to leave it started, but then died. On the second attempt, without turning the key all the way off, it tried to start, but didn't. I turned the key all the way off this time. Turned on the ignition, heard the fuel pump come on, fuel pressure was fine. But again, it started fine but again it died. Tried it again without recycling key and again it tried to start but didn't. I turned, the key all the way off, tried it again and it started, but this time it stayed running and ran fine. No stalling or idle problems at stop lights and ran fine. Got home, pulled it into the garage, shut it down,turned the key all the way off tried to start it and the exact thing happened, It started fine but died. And again, without turning the key all the way off it tried to start but wouldn't. I tried it five or six time, but this time I couldn't keep it running. Sure glad I decided NOT stop and top it off with E85 as I usually do. So that's the scenario. My initial thought was the idle air controller, but it seems if that's the problem it would not have idled fine at stoplights and not stall when I pushed in the clutch and just coasted. Any ideas?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.